Traveling via train is a stress reliever and overloaded with benefits like enjoyment, fun, and collection of memories to cherish forever. The fun doubles when healthy and tasty food accompanies at your berth. During train journeys, food qualityis the main concerns for every traveler. But passengers’ dissatisfaction towards the pantry food as they are not happy with the items they get. This breaks the mood during the journey and urges the traveler to find out for some other options to fill their stomach with something which lift up their journey mood.
IRCTC is an official catering arm of Indian Railways and provides train food delivery on time. It provides quality and variety in food to railway passengers.With e-catering scheme, passengers now have the freedom to order food of their choice. Passengers with a wait-listed ticket can book the food online, but the food will get delivered when the ticket is confirmed.
If the train is delayed, then IRCTC will monitor the train and deliver the food when the train reaches the delivery station within service timing of 0600-2200 hrs. In case the train is running late and reaches the meal delivery station beyond the service time, then the delivery of the meal is not guaranteed by IRCTC. If food is not delivered to the passenger, a full refund shall be made after deducting bank charges.
How to Order Food in Train?
- Go to homepage www.ecatering.irctc.co.in, enter the PNR no., stations list will appear in the drop-down menu, then search train name and station name, the system will seek your PNR for verification purposes before confirming the booking.
- Then select the item you want to order from the menu. You can see the prices of various items alongside.
- After placing the order, you can select the mode of payment. After that, you can confirm the booking.
Through your PNR number, IRCTC e-catering system can automatically get to your Coach and Seat number.
Why Book Food Online During Train Journey?
Recent researches have proven that the pantry food lacks in freshness. Instead, one can now book food online during a train journey. Some reasons why one should book food online in trains:
- 100% Hygienic Food from best restaurants.
- Ease of Availability as E-Catering is present across 600+ stations in India.
- Multiple Choices of Cuisines.
- FSSAI Approved e-catering service providers only.
- Option to Pay on Delivery.
- Regional Food Choices Now Made Available.
- 24/7 Customer Support Available.
- Food Delivered On Seat Avoids Un-wanted Hassle
Food Choices While Booking Food Online For Train Journey
One can order from a wide range of choices. The options available are:
- Pure Vegetarian Food: Pure vegetarian food specially prepared exclusively from a 100% Pure vegetarian restaurant.
- Jain Special Food: Jain Food is available in the train journey too.
- South Indian Food: You can order any south Indian food from the menu.
- Chinese Food: Chinese cuisines now available in trains too.
- Desserts: The menu is full of sweet desserts.
- Regional Specialties: You must check for regional specialties in the menu before you order food in train.
So, enjoy the train food delivery and treat your taste buds with such a delicious food.